Over the years I have found some unusually reliable sources for breaking news and information – and sometimes been a source of it myself.
I did like sharing some of this information on Facebook. I always knew, given the experiences that my friend Craig Kelly had with Facebook, that I risked being de-platformed there at any time. This happened one Sunday evening. Apparently just for 24 hours. And with warnings I risked more if I didn’t comply with their ‘community standards’.
I still have this blog and website. Rather than just add major articles irregularly, I’m going to trial adding stories that interest me as a thread here that grows over that month – over each month. Snippets that I might have once shared on Facebook.
4. GOFUNDME TRIES TO KEEP $9 MILLION RAISED FROM CANADIAN TRUCKERS
I’ve no doubt that if the protest had not been so successful, the truckies would have got their money, all $10 million of it. Except bringing the capital of Ottowa to a standstill and all for the freedom from mandated vaccinations has caused the establishment and the weak to crumble. Read more from Jo Nova including:
- GoFundMe has taken control of $9m in Trucker donations. But people started demanding a chargeback from their bank to punish GoFundMe with full refunds plus fees. Donors can donate to GiveSendGo instead.
- The Truckers are not going anywhere. The legacy media claimed they stole food from the homeless at a soup kitchen in Ottawa, so the Truckers built a soup-kitchen, called “the Shack”, as a community kitchen, and are feeding the homeless. When told that was illegal, and they could not build a fixed structure, they announced they were adding wheels.
- The city of Ottawa is restricting food sales to starve out the protesters, but instead the FreedomConvoy are feeding themselves. (Did the city not realize the Truckers might be good at the logistics of food deliveries?)
- After threats to bring in the military to remove the truckers, the Military has told Ottawa to find someone else to evict the truckers.
- Truckers are being called terrorist extremists but in the streets they are playing ice hockey, sweeping off the snow, congo dancing and doing the Macarena. Live music and fireworks happen at night. Look out, it’s an insurrection: Bouncing castles for children have arrived.
- In chilling news, a white van appears to have deliberately struck a group of protesters. Four are in hospital. The driver has been apprehended.
- UPDATE: Panicked, GoFundMe has now promised an automatic refund to everyone. But it’s too late now. If the aim was crush the resistance, it only made it stronger. But nobody wins. The money hasn’t gotten to the Truckers YET, but GoFundMe may have sabotaged itself.
- ACADEMIC PROFICIENCY & GRADUATION RATES DOWN
Covid is a risk to older people and those with existing health issues. Yet healthy children have suffered because of the government response in Australia, and also in the US. Rather than focus on those at risk, the lives of everyone, but especially financially disadvantaged children, have been upended.
“These young people needed to hang out with their friends. This was taken away. They needed sports as a stress release. That was taken away… I’m quoting from The Epoch Times.
2. POST-VACCINE MYOCARDITIS
“… anytime one brings up myocarditis from the vaccine, opponents reflexively counter with the fact that Covid also causes myocarditis. But myocarditis cases fell in the first year of the pandemic. They only rose in 2021, the year vaccines were rolled out to the public.
“As has been long established, myocarditis is the most documented adverse reaction from the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. A number of studies have established the risk of myocarditis as highly stratified by age and gender.
Canadian journalist Rav Arora has a three part feature in The Epoch Times including some compelling statistics and also personal stories. I subscribe, you may need to register (with your email address) to get access.
1. JOE ROGAN STILL ON SPOTIFY
The famous and popular from Neil Young to Prince Harry have attempted to have Joe Rogan removed from Spotify. Thankfully the platform has stood firm, and he is still there.
In an impromptu response to ‘the haters’ Rogan has commented:
The problem I have with the term disinformation, especially today, is that 8 months ago, many of the things that were considered ‘disinformation’ are now accepted as fact. For example, 8 months ago, if you said, if you get vaccinated you can still catch COVID and you can still spread COVID, you would be removed from social media, they would ban you from certain platforms.
Read more of this article at Zerohedge.com that includes an embedded link to Rogan’s Instagram post.
Add your thoughts, and/or news story as a comment here/in the thread below.
To be sure to receive my monthly e-newsletter into your inbox, consider subscribing at this website.
The feature image is a photograph from my drone of the remnants of a wave breaking at Granite Bay in Noosa National Park. It looks to me like lace. I am inspired everyday by nature and by people.