Agrifood Awareness Australia Limited (AFAA) has recently released an updated version of its very popular booklet, Gene Technology in Australia – Fact not Fiction.
The new edition of the booklet contains a wide range of information from basic detail on the science of gene technology, to the laws and guidelines surrounding research, and opinions on the technology from government, science and farming industries.
Also included in the booklet is information on:
1. Gene technology around the world;
2. Impacts and uses of the technology;
3. Gene technology in Australia;
4. The research process of gene technology; and
5. Labelling of genetically modified foods
In addition to the new booklet, AFAA has completely updated and redesigned its fact sheets. Copies of the booklet and fact sheets can be downloaded or requested from AFAA’s website: www.afaa.com.au.