Lost Wheel

LostWheel.jpg

My guess is within 100 km of Kintore, from the SW along the Sandy Blight Junction Road. I wouldn’t make such a fuss but for the cost of replacement.

10,000 km in 4 weeks and very little on sealed road. map.australia.jpg

I could describe ad nauseum the gratifaction of my family’s travels, but I think my youngest has a more persuasive take:

TK.jpg

6 Responses to Lost Wheel

1. Jennifer June 5, 2007 at 8:54 pm #

So, Neil is back from a few weeks in the bush… on holidays with his family.
    Now, tell us, how was the Simpson Desert. Did it rain?
    PS Welcome back.

2. Neil Hewett June 5, 2007 at 9:12 pm #

The Tanami between Lajamanu and Supplejack was an impassable flood. Gibb River Road was a quagmire. Duncan Highway – closed. Keep River NP – closed. Gregory NP – Closed. Extraordinary for late May!

3. siltstone June 5, 2007 at 9:48 pm #

How was the Lawn Hill Gorge? Did you have an encounter with a bottom-breathing turtle?

4. Neil Hewett June 5, 2007 at 10:00 pm #

G’day Silstone,

Despite its inherent wealth, I remember most the disappointing sound of the diesel gen-set that maintained the aircon. for the resident rangers.

Even though they attributed the importance of the area to its indigenous custodians, the only residential presence that i could find was maintained by a far more audible and reliable power supply than that imposed on my community by the very same authority.

5. Russell June 5, 2007 at 10:11 pm #

I’ve been bogged after heavy rain on the road between the Riverslea fossil dig on the Gregory and Camoweal in late July which is even more unusual.
    Never thought too much of Lawn Hill myself and preferred to camp on the Gregory…..icy cold, deep clear water strongly flowing over white sand was just the thing after a hard day busting up rocks.

6. Davey Gam Esq. June 6, 2007 at 11:26 am #

Neil,
    I’ll keep an eye out over here in WA – wheels do bounce a long way sometimes.

Website by 46digital