Universe Getting Colder: New Nobel Laureates
The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to three US-born scientists for overturning fundamental assumptions about the universe. According to the Nobel Physics Committee their research on supernovae implies the universe will get increasingly colder as matter spreads across ever-vaster distances in space. 
According to Oliver K. Manuel, who occasionally emails me, their theory:
1. Negates the need for a “Big Bang” origin of the universe and “Dark Energy” to keep it expanding.
2. Confirms that in our infinite, cyclic cosmos  neutron-emission from surfaces of neutron stars – driven by neutron repulsion  - occurs faster from smaller fragments of parent neutron stars, just as water evaporates faster from expanded surfaces of smaller water droplets!
3. Illustrates the need to reconsider the role of a rotating superconducting super-fluid in iron-rich supernova debris , and expulsion of magnetic fields from the Sun by the Meisner effect .
1. Studies of universe’s expansion win physics Nobel 2011-10-perlmutter-schmidt- riess-nobel-physics.html
2. “Is the Universe Expanding?”, Journal of Cosmology 13, 4187-4190 (2011)
3. “Neutron repulsion”, APEIRON Journal, in press (2011)
4. B. W. Ninham, “Charged Bose gas in astrophysics”, Physics Letters 4, 278-279 (1963)
5. “Super-fluidity in the solar interior: Implications for solar eruptions and climate”, Journal of Fusion Energy 21, 193-198 (2002).
6. Oliver K. Manuel, Former NASA Principal,Investigator for Apollo